- You’ve installed Word or Outlook.
- You type an email and add http://www.google.com for example.
- Or, for example, you paste http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808755.aspx in your email because you are discussing installation issues with DPM with a colleague in an email.
- But unlike the list above, you don’t actually get the automatic creation of the hyperlink, which you’ve determined is a P.I.T.A (pain in the ass).
So what are you to do and where can you solve the problem?
Well you’ve come to the right place. Here’s what to do to solve the problem:
1. Open Outlook (for example) and select "Tools>>>Options"
2. Then select "Mail Format>>>Editor Options"
3. Then select "Proofing>>>AutoCorrect Options"
4. Then select "Autoformat as you type>>>Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
I hope this helps you figure out why your automatic hyperlink creation was not working. Look for the similar option in Microsoft Word if you’re having problems there!